Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pulled Back Muscle and a Star Award

Today was a very interesting day of sorts.

The first thing of the day was that I decided to fix my hair at work. I do that a lot because I let me hair air dry and sometimes it is still a little damp when I leave in the morning. I had my head down with my hair hanging down (you know what I mean) and I sprayed my hair and scrunched it-just like I do every day. When I was done and flung my head back...ouch what was that. Yes that's right folks, I pulled a back muscle. I could feel my spine ache when I moved my head back and forth and my chest hurt too. I went to the break room and sat down. I called John Mark to tell him what I did and then hung up the phone. Ten seconds later I felt faint. I am not a fainting girl, but I started feeling hot and sweaty and dizzy. I called John Mark again and asked him to come to the break room. I seriously thought I was going to have to go home for the day. I didn't eat breakfast this morning (I usually eat it when I get to work), so I ate some cereal and felt a little better. It took about 15 to 20 minutes for me to feel like myself, but I felt a little better after that. It was pretty freaky. I feel much better now, but I am currently watching "Ugly Betty" with frozen corn on my back.

That wasn't the only surprise I got today. At about 1:30 my manager, supervisor, and a couple of other managers and supervisors came to my desk asking if I could "join" them. I stood there and waited awkwardly for them to tell me what this was about. Several of my phone reps came over and we all stood there. My manager presented me with the North Star Award for an enhancement I proposed to the system we use that was actually approved by corporate. He read all of these nice things about me and gave me a leter that said I woud have a big fat bonus on my next paycheck. This is one of the most coveted awards at my place of employment. I have been wanting once since I started there four years ago, but this is the first time I have received one. Needless to say, I was pretty darn happy. We actually went out to J. Alexander's for dinner to celebrate.

In the end it turned out to be a pretty darn good day...even though my back hurts at least I am standing a little taller (if that's at all possible.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay for you! Nothing feels better than a little well deserved recognition from the work folk.