Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bob Dylan-Major Disrespect

I am not sure if anyone watched Idol tonight and saw Jason Castro's version of "Mr. Tambourine Man". I actually enjoyed the song and was FINALLY glad someone had the guts to sing Bob Dylan. He was not in the skill or caliber of Dylan, but I thought it was pretty good-except hey Jason it's:

"In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you."

Though he did get the next part right:

"Though I know that evenin's empire has returned into sand,
Vanished from my hand,
Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping.
My weariness amazes me, I'm branded on my feet,
I have no one to meet
And the ancient empty street's too dead for dreaming."

Anyway the disrespect was shown during the three judges comments. At least on his previous song they said, "I like Marley" or something like that. They did not give Jason any comments like that for Bob Dylan. The audacity.

No comments: