Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tis the Season



Yes this is my Christmas tree from this year. Yes it is already up. We put it up today. That is one thing I love about fake Christmas trees. I figure if you go to all of that hard work putting it up, you may as well keep it up for awhile. Plus growing up it was the Friday after Thanksgiving that we would all get together at my grandma and grandpa Allen's house and decorate their trees. We would play cards and the guys would watch football. Those were such good memories.

I am hoping this year I will have good memories about the holidays. Last year about this time I would have been to two of my mom's chemotherapy sessions. I would have also been to my grandma Thomson's funeral. I would also be developing what I thought was a bladder infection, but it turned out to be something much worse. But this year I have much to be thankful for. My mom is in perfect health. I am dealing with a chronic illness and learning to cope with it and my husband will not have to work crazy overtime this holiday season!

So I have many reason to say "Tis the season to be jolly" and many reason to want to put my tree up early so I can enjoy it until New Years!! God has truly blessed me this holiday season.

No comments: