Saturday, November 24, 2007

Your Mother Has Cancer

So I have typed 30 pages of my book, which may be titled, "Your Mother Has Cancer". Let's call it a working title. Frankly I'm not sure if it is any good-it's not like I have publishers on my doorstep waiting to print my latest writings, but everyone has to start somewhere. The only thing about it-which I knew would happen, but was hoping wouldn't-I have to go back into who I was a year ago to get the proper emotion on paper. So it tends to put me in a pensive and somewhat sad mood. It's not an autobiography-no where near close, but it is based loosely on my life. The funny thing is that I am concerned about putting too much of my personal life in it-like if I say something and my parents think I am talking about them for real how will they take that? The pretty cool thing is they are open to talk about most things, so I would probably have an in depth discussion with then before it gets anywhere near the press.

If you would like to read a portion of it and give me your thoughts you can leave me your e-mail and I trust you not to steal my ideas (ha!) then I will e-mail you a couple of pages. I am not sure I will have any takers since I am not sure I will have anyone read this post, but if you read it and want me to send you a few pages I will be more than happy to do so.

The really funny thing is I have a book I started in college that is already 80 pages long. So maybe that will be my second book if I can get the first one published. I probably have more since I wrote in these notebooks all through high school. I have also toyed with the idea of a commentary or a theological book, but I'm not sure at this point in my life I have the patience for that. People who read theology books are much more critical than those who read fiction books. Trust me I know this because I have been a reader of theology books and have been around people who read theology books...I'm just not sure I am willing to put myself out there yet.

So I'll close this post so I can get back to writing my book.

No comments: