Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I.C. Sufferer's Worst Nightmare

Well I had a LONG day at work today and was really tired with a lovely headache. John Mark did not feel like cooking and I didn't feel like cooking so we went to the new restaurant called B.J.'s Restaurant at Oxmoor Mall. I was a little nervous, as I am when I go to any new place to eat because I am worried that I won't be able to eat anything on the menu. And I am really tired so I don't feel like asking a ton of questions...well it's a good thing I did. Question #1 Do you season your french fries. Can you guess what the answer was? Yes. Question #2 Is the chicken pre-seasoned. Question #3 What kind of cheese is on the garlic cheese bread (which came with the hamburger). Answer-parmesan cheese (which I can't have). Question #4 (sigh) Can you order hamburgers without seasoning? And so on and so forth. It was an excruciating, painful experience for me. By the time I FINALLY found something I could eat I was almost in tears because I was sooo tired and embarrassed. Everything on their menu contained something I couldn't eat. Even their motzerella cheese was a five cheese mix (then don't call it motzerella cheese!). So, after watching John Mark eat his salad (which I couldn't have because of the dressings) our food comes. My bun on my hamburger looked like a piece of French bread, but I didn't taste anything different. Our waiter came to check on everything and said, "They gave you the wrong bread". The brought me the bread with the Parmesan cheese, which I definitely can't have. Crap right? So I had to wait another 10 minutes to get my food while I watched JM eat his. The story of my life, right? The waiter was really nice and felt terrible that they got my order wrong. He brought me back my potato so I could at least eat something while my hamburger cooked and he said the manager would be over to our table. Let me preface this by telling you I told the waiter I had food allergies (that is the short story version of explaining I.C). The manager came to our table and said, "I'm so sorry about the mix-up. Your food should be ready in four minutes". That was it. The waiter was very apologetic about the whole situation and actually sounded a lot more sorry than the manager. Also we paid full price for both of our meals. There was no compensation for the "mix-up". I would e-mail them, but they will just send me a gift card and I can't eat anything there, so what's the point. So, if you have I.C. don't go to B.J.'s...it's a flare up waiting to happen.

(On a positive note JM felt so bad that he took me to Macy's and bought me a pair of gold platformy sandals that I wanted and we found a 15% off coupon just laying on one of the displays. I also bought four shirts for 4.25 a piece. What a deal!)

No comments: